Sunday, January 9, 2011

A new adventure into bread making


I've decided that I need something new, culinarily speaking, to jump start the new year. Several of the food bloggers I follow have mentioned a great book called "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day", by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. It sounded very interesting. I stink at making bread. Don't ask me why. For my last birthday in October I asked my best friend to come over and give me a a basic bread lesson...she makes amazing loaves of bread (see for yourself below).
She did a great job teaching me, but I'm still struggling to make my bread as light as hers.

I've just started reading my new book. As I begin to experiment, I'll be sure to let you know how things go. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Man I wish you lived closer so you could share your experiments!!! I will be anxiously watching to see how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete